Thursday, September 2, 2010

July 26th E-mail

It's been a busy week here too. yes I did finally get everything from the missionary mall. But then again every week here is. The analogy my branch president used is it's like trying to get a drink of water from a fire hydrant!!! I couldn't agree with him more.

First and foremost to my sister Madison. Guess who is in the same computer room with while I am writing this email (besides my companion)...Sister Purser! She is wondering why she hasn't gotten a letter from you yet. I told her I'd get you to write her one, so You should write Marissa...Sister Purser a letter.

Oh and happy birthday Troy! I know it's late but it was right in the middle of the week. And mom I don't want to do the math right now and I'm not sure if your birthday is before next monday or on next monday, but Happy Birthday anyway.

Sorry if I ask about things that you have already answered in you letter. I didn't get it this mornign so I will have to wait till tonight to read and P-day ends at six.

How was the reunion? Who won the rook tournament? How was the food, games and other festivities? Just wondering, are there any other missionaries from the big family out right now or am I the only one? Did anybody hike timp? I get to see that mountain almost 24/7!!! In my classroom we have a window, and Timp is pretty much centered in that window. So if anyone made it past the saddle or to the top, I'll just pretend that I saw them wave. I can see that it has no snow (on the Utah Valley side) so I know there can't be a whole lot on the other side. Pretty sure I could make it now. I always talk about hiking timp when I'm around the Elders. They keep telling me to just sneak off one night and hike it real quick, and I must admit it sounds kind of appealing. The only time we get to see the outside world is when we get to walk around the temple on Sundays.

Speaking of the temple, it opens soon so we get to go next week!!!

How was having the 24th of July at the family reunion? We really didn't get any celebration at all here. The closest I got to any kind of festivities here was around 10:15 when from our bed room window, off in the distance, over a treeline, we could see all the fireworks...that went really high, and not many went high enough.

So it's been pinned up in my room for almost three weeks now, and Mike's mafia picture is still considered the best picture in the district.

My branch president is awesome!!! I found out this week that he served on three different presidential staffs. I think it was Reagan, Ford, and I can't remember the last one. But he has met all sorts of people. He was down in Haiti this week helping out down there. Oh and I get to play the piano in some of the meetings. It's great! They always choose songs that I don't know so I have to learn them. It's fun. But what is not fun is when President Studdard decides to change the song at the pulpit to a song that I don't know. He's done that three times to me! Luckily there are a couple of other pianist in our branch.

We got a new group of missionaries this week so we aren't the youngest anymore!! Not that there's a problem with being the youngest:) There are elders that are from all over country in the new district. It's funny one companionship is an elder from Alabama and an elder from Texas. No one else here thinks that was funny, but then again the national championship was a whole six months ago. The elder from Alabama plays football and was actually getting recruited by Tenessee before he came on his mission and before Couch Lane Kiffen moved to USC.

By the way, I don't know peoples' address. So if any of you (VICKI AND MELENIE) want me to write you...you need to write me first:)

Well I'm out of time.

I'll talk to you all next week.

Love,

Elder Travis Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment