Thursday, September 2, 2010

August 23rd E-mail

So I got a funny letter from cousin Elder Greenhalgh the other day asking what was new at the MTC! lol. I Wonder sometimes if this place ever changes or if it is same as when Troy was here. Not that it's a bad thing. It's way fun here and there is plenty to do, and of course very spiritual. I actually learned how to pray for more than three minutes at a time like all my three minute prayers at home!! I actually learned it a couple weeks ago, but it still happens. I thought Uncle Doug was crazy in his letter he wrote with the family talked about saying fifteen to thirty minute prayers. I couldn't see how that would happen. My second or third week here (they all kindof blend together but I'm told that's a good thing) one of the older missionaries were talking and he told me how he was challenged to pray and to keep praying until he actually for sure felt the presence of the Holy Ghost there with him. He challenged me to do the same thing. I thought it was a little weird cause I thought that I had really felt the spirit sometimes in my dinky little two-three minute prayers. But I figured I would try it anyway and it was amazing!!!!!!! Sure it took twenty minutes, but when it happened I remembered all of the reasons I was out here. Not that I have been doubting, but it's always nice to get a reminded.
It's really weird. We have a new district in our zone that had been here for almost two weeks now. When they first got here they looked so young. It's like Josh told me before I came. Even though we are just a few weeks apart it still seems like years differences. I was having fun watching them "grow up" and pointing out how they look more like missionaries now when another elder showed me a picture of my district the second or third week here and we all looked so relly young. It's really amazing how much you grow up here and not just mentally and emotionally. I understand why some people are surprised when they find out that we are just 19 and 20 year olds. There is an actually physical change that makes missionaries look older. I can't describe it except to say that it's amazing.
So fun fact of the week. (actually it was a few weeks ago. I'm bad at this game.) There is an Elder here from Alabama, I think I have told you about him. He played football and soccer in high school. Anyways...I found out that he actually played football with Phillip River's (quarterback of the San Diego Chargers) brother in high school and that they are from the same town. It was fun for me because I love football!!! Good times good times.
Oh so quick question...are there any fires going on in or around Utah Valley because it has seemed really really really smoky these past few days.
Well I'm almost out of time so I won't get to start the tradition this week, but I'll start it next week. I'm going to try to put a choke at the end of every email. Just remember I am on a msision so some will be very cheesy;) but it will help every one smile.
You can send jokes if you want to too :)
Much love,
Elder Travis Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment