Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"God Sees All"

Dear Mom and everybodyelse,

First, Happy Birthday Madison and Danielle!!!! I feel bad that I didn't say that in my last email. I was thinking about the whole day befoe and the next time I thought of it was after we had finished our time at the internet.

Well this week hasn't been nearly as fun as the first week. :) and by not as fun, I mean that I wasn't robbed or bit by any more dogs yet. As for the hole in my pants it was just the two holes in them from dog's two sharp teeth. Just those two little holes. It's nothing really bad, and you can't even really tell when I walk. You know I was thinking of Joseph Smith a lot that first week too. I figured I haven't been tarred and feathered yet so I can't complain. The funny thing about it all is that the story of getting robbed and bit doesn't even phase the other missionaries. They all just say "welcome to Honduras". It sounds weird,but I'm really glad that none of them made a big deal about it. They just say to carry a few cents just to make make the robbers happy.

I guess the story of the week happened on Saturday. There was a big dance/get together with all the youth kindof like a seminary or stake dance. Me and my comp didn't go because we had a lot of appointments to get to. We found out at the end of the dance that the rest of our district had gone and been there from 3:00 in the afternoon to about 8:00 at night. We found that out and one of the ones that was there was the district leader so now they keep calling us and asking why we don't have baptisms yet, just trying to make us look bad so that if we tell on them to the president then they will try to tell him that we weren't working. They are really paranoid...some of them are weird like that. Made me chuckle a little bit down inside.

That's cool that Matt got home the other day, it doesn't seem like he left that long ago at all. You can tell him that I haven't gotten doors slammed in my face because there aren't a whole lot of doors here. A lot of them just have sheets covering their doorways.

That's funny to hear about good ole Ryan. Glad to hear that everything worked out for him. He always seemed really distracted whenever I would see him at the MTC, he would say hi and then run of and start studying Japanese again. I was able to corner him a couple of times in the cafeteria though. Funny kid. I never thought of it like Sister Horne said about being brilliant but not trusting him to cross the street alone. lol

Ok so my P-day is Monday. Last week was different because we had the Seventy over our mission zone,area, district, thing (I still don't know how they are all separated). I thing he is over Central America. Anyway he came and spoke to us last Monday so P-day got moved to tuesday.

I'm not going to lie. Most of the food down here is really bland and filled with...hold on to your socks...Onions, peppers, chillies, and just about all of the other foods that I said that I would force myself to like when I got called to Central America. Oh Karma!!! Luckily the members don't feed us all that often. I get to live off of Mac and Cheese, Cup n Noodles, Hot Dogs, and of course PB&Js :) And I do have the candy that my good sister Kristi sent me that really helps get the lingering taste of Onions and whatever else was in dinner that night out of my mouth. But hey only three more meals a day for how long? I can do it!!

By the way I hope this gets to you before you send that package. The President says that if anyone sends packages, the ones that are usually left alone are the ones with pictures of Jesus on them. Go figure. One missionary says that his Mom puts a picture of Jesus with "God sees all" in Spanish written under it.

Did Dad get my address to the people at Jordan Common's yet?

Ok one last request, and it's going to sound strange I know. But one P-days we have a lot of down time and you can only play so many games of Monopoly with the same guy lol. Would it be possible for you to send my 1050 math book down here. With the Moroon covered book that is the book that details how most of the problems are supposed to be done. I am hoping to be able to study that for a little bit of time on P-days so that maybe I can just test out of that class when I get back home:) If you could do that it would be great!!

Tell Kaitlin congradulations on winning the Miss Murray pagent...wait you are sending this to her too right? My bad...Congradulations on winning the Miss Murray pagent Kaitlin! That's so awesome! Good luck in the Miss Utah pagent!

Well that's all for this week. Talk to you all next week.

Love,

Elder Travis Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment