Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Area

Dear Mom and everyone else,
So the downside to the mission is changes. You have to say goodbye to comps that you worked hard with and came to love through hard work, you have to say goodbye to the ward members that help so much, and of course we have to say goodbye to all the people that we have taught, loved, helped, prayed for, cried for, and rejoiced with. If there is one part of the mission that I would say wasn't there is the goodbyes. My dear sister Kristi, now I know why you hate saying goodbye. It really stinks especially knowing that there is a very high chance of not seeing these people again in the life.
Ok enough of the sad stories and on to the new area. It's actually not very far from my last area. But it is a whole lot hotter! It's right smack dab in the valley which means that the mountains don't give us any shade at any time of the day. But the work seems to be good here. I have a picture that I will try to send next week that almost tops the last baptismal one I sent. This area had 8 baptisms and as a zone over 20 on saturday! I only wish I could say I was a part of it. I literally showed up to the area Wednesday and my comp told me that we have 8 baptisms for Saturday:) Can't complain though:) OH and as for my comp...I finally got a latino comp!!! Which means that whenever we talk, we talk in Spanish!:) Only problem is that he doesn't talk very much. But we'll change that:) Cause frankly I really do need the help of a native speaker. No crazy stories from down here, but I keep hearing from other missionaries that Jerry Sloan resigned and Deron Williams got traded! What's up with that?!
Oh and yes mom you can add Sister Holt to the email list:)
Well that's about it for this week, I'll talk to you next week and we'll see if any fun stories come up:)
Love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment