Monday, February 21, 2011

No Alcohol?

Dear Mom and everyone else,
Ok ok, I am done drinking random things for a while. There is a drink
in that they sell in the little stores that people open up in the
houses all over place. I didn't recognize it and neither did my comp,
but we both knew that it didn't have caffiene and it wasn't alcoholic
so we could drink it. As I went to buy my bottle to try it out, this
one guy came up and started telling us that it was the same as beer,
but just without alcohol. I figured now I get to know what I am
missing out on. After taking the first drink of that stuff I was
done! That part of the word of wisdom just got that much easier to
keep. That stuff is nasty!
Not much happened here again this week. Just a lot of the same
running to appointments. But it was really cool yesterday. Benigno, a
guy that we were teaching a while ago that just wasn't progressing so
we stopped teaching him, came back to church with his family! It was
pretty cool to see. Unfortuneatly I don't get to see what happens in
that scenario. I found out this morning that I am getting tranferred
again. It's sad because there are so many wonderful people here that
we are teaching and a lot of them just need to get married so they can
get baptized in a few weeks. Oh well. I guess we will just have to
wait and see what happens in the next area. I am a little mad that I
have to leave, but I always get mad at the people that aren't willing
to put their faith in Christ and see where it takes them so I guess
it's time for me to practice a little bit more of what I preach:) But
at least I get to know another part of Honduras.
Oh and I finally got all the Christmas cards from the family and yes
Jami, I still do have some Spanish to learn. And to Logan, me encanta
la comida aqui tambien, pero miro adelante quando yo puedo comer la
comida de my mami otra vez:)
Well things are going great here. I hope to be able to send more
pictures next week when I get to my new area. I love you all and hope
everything is going well.!
love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment