Monday, February 14, 2011

Dear Mom and everyone else,
Well this week has been pretty uneventful. Most of the people we are
teaching right now have to get married before they can get baptized.
The thing is, the women are always ready and love the idea of getting
married, but the guys always get real nervous. Oh well we just gotta
keep loving them and telling them how great marraiges in the church
are:)
That's been another thing that reminds me that the church is true.
people get completely dumbstruck when I tell them that my parents have
been married for 35 years (or is it 36 now?). They never hear about
marraiges that last that long down here. Most people don't even get
married, they just move in together and call it good. It is a lot more
common than in the states. Nobody gets married here. But when they
realize what they need to do and how the church and the Holy Ghost
will help, they open their eyes more. But the number of marraiges in
the church that stay together is amazingly high. This church has to be
the true church, if it can require that two people live together, and
then by some miracle keeps almost all the couples together. It is an
amazing feat that can only be done somewhere where there is the
authority of God and in a house where there is his Holy Spirit of
peace.
That's about all there is to report this week. Like I said, not
much happened. Everything stayed the same:)
Yes mom, I am taking plenty of pictures, and with the three
memorycards I have, I still have plenty of space:)
Oh and congradulations to Joey and Jen! They told me to expect a
little Joey or Jen running around when I get back:)
Well thanks again for all the support:) I love you all and I know
we are in the right path. I'll talk to you all again next week!
Love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment