Monday, October 25, 2010

First Baptism Story

Dear Mom and everybody,
That's awesome about Kristi!!! Not going to lie it really stunk having to wait till today to find out about her. But I am relieved to hear that she is doing fine. Make sure she knows I was praying for her.
Haha I'm glad the kids had fun with the pinata. I actually got to see them made here in honduras. It was fun to see. My first comp went home on wednesday. thats when we had changes. And I got my comp and he is from...California!!!!! Yes, they sent me another North American so I still havent had the whole learn Spanish or die, but the Spanish is coming along alright. I can carry on conversations pretty good now. It was annoying at first. I feel like he thinks I should know it all right away, and if I ask him for help then he tells me like I'm stupid. I'm going to talk to him about that one lol, But he is fun to talk to. Oh and he told me that we CAN use Skype for when we call home on Christmas so I am going to look into that more:)
So I don't think I told you the whole story about my first baptism here. I got to baptize the three youth that we taught. Thing about them...They lived in the house that we were trying to contact my second here when I got robbed. When finally decided to go back two weeks later they let us in and said that they were waiting for missionaries to baptize them and they had been to church a whole bunch of times!! It was good to see some success from perseverance :)
Well That's all for this week,
Talk to you all next week:)
Love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment