Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Surprises!!


Dear mom and everyone else,
 
   This week has been a great week, and one of the craziest of the mission. To start, from Wednesday night to Sunday night I pretty much did not work in the area of Montecristo, the area that I´m assigned. On Thursday I went on divisions to another area, Friday went to work in the other Ward of my area. Saturday, we went to the extention that is an hour away in bus, and when we got there the member that helps us out so much out there comes up and say. "This family wants to get baptized tomorrow."...Well twist my arm. The only thing was that we still had to work out the interview. And so I used his phone to call up Elder Ellett (my ZL) and see how we could do it. And so after some planning acrobatics we figured that Sundaymorning we would do divinions and his comp would go to the interview and I would go with Elder Ellett to his ward. The only problem is that the bishop of Montecristo wouldn´t answer his phone at all and so he didn´t know that there were not going to be missionaries in Montecristo. I´m sure that was a pleasent surprise for him!  But we went and asked forgiveness afterwards and he understood completely. Oh and the baptism went through without a hitch! so I hear, I didn´t actually see it, but I saw the pictures:)
    Also on Saturday, our kind and loving heavenly father took me back to miracle school. We went to a house where we were teaching a few youth, but we hadn´t met the mom yet. Saturday was our lucky day, We walked up to the house and she was outside and the kids inside...They changed places really really fast when they saw us come up. After talking with the kids a few minutes we asked if mom was going to join us. She said no. But then we realized that her daughters were moving dirt from one place to another (still not sure why) so we went to help them all out and after a few minutes of moving dirt the mom walked out and we started talking with her and she opened up to us and told us about her life and how she had read part of the Book of Mormon before in Miami and as we testified of the Book of Mormon she looked as though it was just what she needed. Then when she was giving the final prayer she started crying (sometimes crying is a good thing).
I really love you all and hope you have the best week ever. And mom, I am way super proud of you for Graduating College!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment