Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Montecristo

Letter from the Editor (or lack there of):
I have failed terribly the last seven months of post my brother's emails, I didn't think anybody tuned in to them and I was without internet for four of those months generally speaking, and any time I did have internet access, I was frantically trying to work on wedding plans that I needed the web for.  Today blogger showed me that this blog had nearly 1200 views, so although this darling little lad only has two and a half months left, I am repenting and will start posting his emails again.  Thank you! :D


Dear mom and everyone else,

First off I just have to tell you about how weird church was yesterday. In this new area we have two wards and an extention under us and so yesterday my comp went to the other ward and I was left by myself in Montecristo playing musical priesthood holders because they all had their own assignments and couldn´t spend the whole time with me. I had to ask multiple times to men that I still don´t know if they would help me walk down the hall. And then in the classes that I didn´t teach I made sure to put a wall of priesthood holders all around me so that no sisters sat next to me. It was...fun(?) It won´t be like that when I get home will it?
   Aside from that, the other day I got to go on divisions with Elder Ellett. We were comps for a day for the first time since the MTC. He is still a great kid and I had a great time on divisions and yes, we ripped up the area just as we always said that we would and then the next morning we went and worked out together again. I was a little embarrased because I haven´t worked out since the last time we were comps over a year and a half ago. 
    Things keep rolling along here. It is weird working in an area where the church has been in for a while. Sometimes random people show  up and are already for baptism. The only downside is the divisions in the ward. there are a  lot of them, and it all comes becuase people judge others. Oh how I just want to take these people by the ears, turn into Elder Uchtdorf and yell "STOP IT!!!". It is very, very frustrating. But that has always what I loved about the priests quorum growing up, was that we were all so different, but that didn´t stop us from getting along and being best of friends. 
   Well I hope you all have the best week ever and I´ll be sure to write next week!
Love,
Elder Neiswender

p.s. we went to Wendy´s today and I had to help some random people order their food becuase they didn´t know spanish. Seems like yesterday that that was me:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment