Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Love Hail Mary's

Dear Mom and everyone else,

Yes I like calling big activities Hail Marys. This week was a mission wide Hail Mary. This Sunday was the day of friends where all the members were supposed to bring friends to church and all the messeges were geared to be investigator friendly. And it worked. The members threw it into fifth gear and brought a ton of friends to church. There were 28 investigators in church which meant a lot of new faces in a still pretty new ward for Elder Neiswender and my comp was in the other ward...ten minutes away in taxi. Oh man it was crazy but everything went great and in the class of Principles of the gospel we watched the story of John Tanner. If you haven´t seen it. Look it up and watch it. It is AWESOME!!! I love it and the investigators loved it. 
   Later on in the day we did divisions with some of the youth and went to teach them how to be missionaries. I went with three youth to work. two of them were awesome and spoke when they were supposed to and said what they were supposed to and great kids. Then there is the other youth who is actually older than me...weird...but he talked a ton. And by a ton I mean I haven´t talked so little (or been interrupted) since elder Marcia a whole year ago. But this time I was the one in charge and got to tell people how to be missionaries. Yes I did laugh mischieviously right there. Now I told him with love how to teach better as a companion. Especially when there are 5 other members who all at least have to say something or else they feel useless. Sometimes I feel more like a coach than a missionary, trying to get everyone playing time so they don{t pull an Andrei Kirilinko and start crying, but it{s fun and I really enjoy it. 
Saturday was great because I had two hour long bus rides with elder Ellett and we talked all about the mission and all that we have learned. It is so much fun talking to him every night on the phone lol. And it{s the rules too because he is my leader:)
Well I love you all and hope you have the best week possible!
Love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment