Monday, April 4, 2011

Jerusalem!!

Dear Mom and everyone else,
First, can I just say that conference was AWESOME!!! We Americans got to watch it in English. Saturday we got to sit and watch it on a TV. Sunday, we got confined to a computer that had interrupted signals, but we got to watch it none the less. Yes dad, all the elders in the zone know that you are in the choir now, because whenever they showed you, I jumped up and told them "That´s my dad!" By the end of conference they were able to pick you out for themselves:)
Now for the funny part of conference. So Sunday All of the Americans were in there sitting in the small room watching it on a computer. The internet signal wasn´t very good so it kept cutting in and out at certain parts and every time it cut out we would joke around and say that whoever was speaking just announced and introduced the three Nephites or some random 2nd coming prophey like building the temples or sending the prophets to Jerusalem lol. Well when President Monson got up and gave his talk, Sunday morning we all listened intently to his talk of temples and how important they were. Then he mentioned one temple in particular, and we all focused 100%. He said it was in a city over 2,500 years old. We all looked at each other in disbelief. Then he said it was a city where the apostles walked, and we all got ready for earth shattering news. Then right as he said the name of the city, of course, the internet signal skipped for about five seconds. We all five of us jumped up and started shouting, ¨¨Jerusalem!¨ and, "Oh wow the end is close!" We all sat in disbelief and amazement. Then about a minute later we realized that he was talking about Italy, and not Isreal. Finally we realized that he was talking about the Rome, Italy temple, and not the temple in Jerusalem. Awesome, yes. Big step for the kingdom of God, yes. Little bit of a let down, just a little. lol. But we all have it straightened out now. It reminded me of when we were watching the BYU UCLA bowl game a few years ago. The score 17-16 BYU, time left: about 3 or 4 seconds.We were watching it on tivo so we were a few seconds behind real time. UCLA goes for a game winning, chip-shot field goal. They snap the ball, the kicker goes to kick the ball aaaannnnddddd......something happens to the cable and cuts out the play! Next thing we see are people storming the field. We missed BYU block the feild goal! Dang technology. OH well life goes on.
Yes mom, I did get the package:) I can finally show the other elders my family now:) Oh and yes I did use my debit carda while ago. Sorry, I was kind of bad about answering that question. Things are going well. I found out that I get another 6 weeks with my companion. We´ll see what happens and make the best of it:)
I love you all, thanks dad for your email. I´ll try it out and hope it works!
Love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment