Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Dear Mom and everyone else,

Well it's Christmas time in Honduras. I think back to the festivites
and the fun that I've had in Christmases past. We have had some pretty
crazy Christmases. Honestly my favorite memories about Christmas time
is delivering the presents to the neighbors houses, doing sub for
santa with the priests, and going and shoveling snow for random people
in the ward with Ryan on random Sunday nights when it snows.
Remembering these times of service make me glad that I am here serving
my fellow man. A lot of elders get homesick during this time of being
away from the family. To be completely honest, as much as I miss being
with the family for Christmas I wouldn't rather be anywhere than right
here teaching the gospel to those who need it. Going around and
knockin on peoples door all day everyday I would think that we would
more people that are already members of the church. I know in Utah it
seems like everyother house is members. But here we can contact all
day and not find a member of the church. It really makes me realize
how much work there is to do and how little time to do it. What really
helps the work move along is help from the members. I would encourage
all of you to help the work of the Lord move as fast as possible and
help the people that need the word.
Thanks mom for the music. I had a really cool experience with the
piano the other day. Wednesday a whole bunch of the zones got to meet
with president and listen to him. After we listened to him there was a
talent show. Each zone had some talent prepared. Our talent was that
one of the sisters in the zone who played the guitar and sang the
first noel. After the talent show the AP got up and said that we would
all move back into the chapel and listen to Elder Neiswender play the
piano! Surprise to Elder Neiswender:) I guess our zone leaders told
the aps that I would play the piano but they forgot to tell the person
playing the piano. Luckily I have kept Marching Season polished over
these months. So I decided to play Marching Season. More background
about the people in the mission. The Latins and the North Americans
don't get along in big groups. There are a few that intermingle, but
for the most part if people aren't in integrated companionships they
hardly talk to members of the other race. It's something that needs to
be worked on I know. It was really cool, I got up there and played
Marching Season and I messed up and of course I was devestated, but
luckily nobody has ever heard that song so they all thought it was
part of the song:) But afterwards everybody kept coming up to me and
telling me good job and one Latin that I personally had problems
getting along with came up and told me that he had "never heard
anybody play the piano like that before." It made me realize that the
Lord works through strange means to bring to pass even small things
like if to Elders in a zone get along. It was really fun to play and
then have a really cool experience like that after. It shows that the
Lord really does care about little things.
I'm going to be able to skype! I talked to President and he said it
was ok. We are going to be able to do it at 10:00 am here so it will
be 9:00 am there in Utah:) I look foreward to seeing everybody again
and Merry Christmas:)
love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment