Monday, December 13, 2010

Las Flores

Dear Mom and everyone else,

Things here in Las Flores are great! The zone I am in is called
villaneueva so Dad you can look it up on google maps. My comp got sick
on tuesday so we didn't get anything done that day.

Honestly we are looking at this week as one of those trial weeks that
people talk about. It started out looking good. We are on an awesome
streak of door contacting. We haven't got a whole lot of numbers on
the door contacting because people keep answering and giving us return
appointments:) We are on an 11 door streak. 11 Straight people that we
have contacted has invited us back to here more as a family and one
family let us come in and teach them the first lesson on that first
visit so we were pumped. All of Friday Saturday and Sunday were packed
with return appointments from the people we contacted. We were both
looking foreward to it a lot.

But I was reminded of a talk by President (might have been just Elder)
Eyering in conference a few years back when he told a story from his
childhood. he said he was having a rough time and he went to his dad
to talk about it and his dad told him "remember, this too shall pass".
A little while later he said that things were going really great and
he went and told his dad about how great things were going and his dad
told him, "remember, this too shall pass." Oh man did that ever happen
to us this past week. We were having all this success and the
all...and yes I mean ALL but one appointment fell on those three days.
Nobody was in their house when they said they would be. It was very
hard. 15 appointments in three days that fell. But oh well "this too
shall pass."

Me and my comp get along real well. It started off a little rough, but
now we are great friends. We just keep working hard and supporting
each other through the hard times and celebrating through the great
times. The only thing with him is that whenever I try to do something
to improve myself he starts acting like I'm just trying to be better
than every one else. I never realized that the hardest place to try
and be obedient is on your mission. But we get a lot of good lessons
in when the people are there. And that's all that really matters:)

As for the story that Kristi is supposed to tell me. I hope I find out
soon because I am very confused by that first paragraph:)

Well that's all that I have for this week. I'll work on getting
pictures for you from this new area. It is way pretty:)
Love,

Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment