Monday, November 29, 2010

Turn Turn Turn

Dear mom and everybody,
Well that's just too bad that BYU had to go lose to Utah on a last second play, but I guess it was their turn to lose on the last second play. Oh well I don't get too much crap from the Ute fans down here;)
Well time for the big news. I just found out that I have to leave this area on Wednesday. I am getting transferred and right as it looked like we are getting ready to have some great stuff in December. The last change I never thought I would miss this area, but I guess that was just the fear talking. This change has been a lot better. We found a lot of good people that are progressing slowly but are progressing and there is a definate upside to not getting robbed this change:)
The saddest part is that I don't get to keep teaching Luis. It was awesome last Monday night. I guess I should start before that. Luis said that he was confused about whether he wanted to join the mormons or the Jehova's Witnesses (BYU-UtahX50^2). He said that Sunday the 28th he was going to checkout the JWs church and see what he thought. We didn't think that he was very interested in our church anymore. It was heartbreaking. But last Monday night, I was on divisions with an Elder Beus. We went out to contact a few houses before dinner. We contacted one house and another black teenager came out. We started talking with him. We said that we were from the LDS church and then he says "Oh my cousin is going to that church and I want to go with him one these weeks." Well that kind of response is always welcome to missionaries no matter who the coulsin is. We asked him who his cousin was and he told us "Carlos Luis Flores." I kindof lost my train of thought right then in amazement. We made arragements that we can return and maybe teach them together sometime, but the best thing that kid said was that his cousin (Luis) liked our church! Oh man it was a shot of hope.
The next day we had divisions again and I got to go with a Latino for the first time so far in the mission. We went and visited Luis and true to form Luis asked a lot of questions that I know how to answer in Enlish, but I just had to rely on the spirit and my comp to help me make sense in Spanish. We spent a while there teaching and answering questions. and then we left. When me and Elder Skinner went back friday he said that he couldn't do it that day but that he had read. We asked about going to church on Sunday and he said he still wanted to see what the Jehova's Witnesses had to offer. So now it's just more of the waiting game until we go with him tomorrow.
Well that's the big story from Honduras this week.
I love you all, and thanks Matz, Melanie and Davy for writing:)
Love,
Elder Neiswender

No comments:

Post a Comment